Construction for all competition categories will begin Thursday, August 6, 2015. Check in at WCE&BAC Registration Desk first to receive your registration package. Once checked in you will be escorted to your competition space. Please note that contestants working on the Medium Balloon Sculpture will be asked to break for 1.5 hours and to join us at our Rev Up Your Motor – Reception Kick Off for West Coast, then return to resume building the medium sculpture until midnight.
By entering into competition you agree to all terms and conditions as stated by these general rules.
The competitions entries mentioned above will follow the same General Rules
1-17 unless stated:
- Competitor must be a Full Paid Delegate with hotel in order to compete.
Competitors are allowed 1 entry per category, but may enter all categories.
- The winner in each category is the Designer who entered the competition. There is no recognition of the team who volunteers to help, other than photographs with the Designer at the Awards Ceremony.
- The following paperwork is required from all delegates competing:
- The Competition Entry Form must be received no later than June 1, 2015. (Download here).
- Provide a sketch or written description of your entry should also include the size of your entry and TITLE of your entry. This must be received by June 1, 2015.**Note: See Bonus Points under Judging Criteria
- No licensed work such as Disney Characters will be permitted unless you have express written consent from the copyright owner. The Letter of Consent must accompany your Competition Registration Form and must be received no later than June 1, 2015.
- Please provide a stand-up sign showing the title of your entry (DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME). The sign will be displayed next to your entry for the duration the convention.
- Please submit forms either by
- Fax: (714) 842–1961
- Email: Francie@balloonssoundgreat.com
- Direct Mail:
West Coast Event Productions
23902 Via La Coruna
Mission Viejo, CA 92691Any questions call Francie: (714) 842-8812
- All designs must be freestanding. No rigging to hotel structures is allowed.
- Competition pieces must last until noon, Sunday, August 9, 2015.
- Competitors are responsible for teardown and clean up of their competition space. Failure to do so will result in $75 penalty charge to your credit card that will be on file. Time for dismantling of all sculptures will be anytime after 12:00p and completed by 7:00p, Sunday, August 9, 2015.
- All Competition Rules must be followed including deadlines for completion of work and clean up of your competition area. Points will be deducted from your final score if you work past or fail to clean up by the deadline. (See Judging Criteria for more info.)
- Delegates who compete automatically agree that photos of their entries may be used in all future publications and/or promotions used by WCE&BAC and WCEP (West Coast Event Productions, LLC). (Download form here).
- WCEP will not be held liable for any injury, destruction or loss of product to competition piece(s) or equipment.
- WCEP will help to obtain at competitor’s expense nitrogen, helium, conduit, foam board, aluminum rods and PVC upon written request and received by June 1, 2015. Competitor’s credit card info will be held on file for this purpose. Forms to fill out will be on line shortly for you to download. Check back soon.
- All balloons and other materials, production equipment and tools will be the responsibility of the competitor such as nozzles, auto-sizers, mono, lighting, motors, extension cords, base plates etc.
- Competitors on the day of competition may place their equipment and supplies in their designated area after you check in with the WCE&BAC registration desk.
- Read carefully. There will be no advance work permitted prior to the start time of your competition entry such as: double stuffing, inflating balloons, setting up lights, setting up motors, setting up your work station, cutting or painting of foam board or making Fantasy Flowers.
- Refer to the Competition Guidelines graph for specific detail requirements for competitions. You will find answers to: how many people can work on your competition, dimensions and a time-line that is different for each category.
•If you plan to arrive the day before the Medium Balloon Sculpture competition on August 5, please notify Amanda when you register so the special room rates can be applied. Rooms book up early. If you wait too long you will be charged the going rate by the hotel.
•Pioneer graciously has offered to supply balloon products for some of the competition categories, not all. Please contact Rebecca Gaines at Pioneer ( email@example.com ) to find out how to order. Please note, WCEP will not be held responsible for any and all balloons ordered, balloons missing or products arriving on time. Arrangement for receipt of balloons will be between you, the competitor and Pioneer. Contact Rebecca Gaines, firstname.lastname@example.org